Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
More American style than Indian, which is what I've seen in other posts. I think this came from World Wide Recipes. Posted here for safe keeping. Sounds great. Please post if you try.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder or 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- cayenne pepper
- Dry the rinsed and drained garbanzos thoroughly on paper towels.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over moderate heat and saute the garbanzos,.
- stirring frequently, until they begin to brown lightly, about 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the salt and stir to coat the beans.
- Transfer the beans to a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven, stirring once or twice, until crisp on the outside, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool and store for up to a week in an airtight container. Makes about 2 cups.