Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Here is a delightful fruit filled tea that is perfect for quiet relaxation or a BBQ party with friends.
- 5 cups boiling water
- 5 (175 ml) bags herbal tea, Orange Spice flavor
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (46 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- kumquat, slices (optional)
- orange slices (one or all! optional) or mint sprigs (one or all! optional) or lime slices (one or all! optional) or fresh pineapple, wedge (one or all! optional)
- Pour boiling water into a very large bowl. Add the tea bags.
- Let steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard tea bags Stir in sugar and cinnamon until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in pineapple juice, cranberry juice, and lime juice.
- Remove 3 cups of the mixture.
- Cover and chill the remaining mixture for at least 4 hours or up to 3 days.
- Pour the 3 cups tea mixture into two clean ice cube trays, adding kumquat slices, if desired.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- To serve, divide prepared ice cubes among glasses.
- Add chilled tea mixture.
- If desired, garnish with fruit and/or mint. Makes: 8 to 10 (about 8-ounce) servings.
What a great flavorful tea! I ended up using grape apple juice and it was so good! Thanks, I'll be making more of this. Made for ZWT#9 2013.
Thanks, Annacia, for another great beverage! Made this for a small group, expecting to have some left over, but that was not the case, so I'm making this again today! Followed the directions but opted out when it came to the mint & lime! VERY NICE TEA! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Beverage Tag]
Very refreshing! I followed the recipe, using fresh orange slices for garnish. This is nice to have on hand, chilled for a quick pick-me-up! Thanks for posting buddy!