Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
To be eaten as is or a side to an Indian or Asian dish or, maybe, over vanilla ice cream.
- 4 bananas, ripe but firm
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 -2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 dash lime juice (optional)
- Combine the brown sugar, coriander and curry powder; set aside.
- Peel bananas. Slice lengthwise, then cross-cut in half or cut into 1" disks.
- Heat butter in frying pan until the butter bubbles. Add the banana slices and fry over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes, turning half way through. Sprinkle over with the brown sugar mixture, allowing to carmelized. Transfer to serving bowls and lightly sprinkle with lime juice, if desired.