Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 8 slices challah
- blueberry jam sweetened with fruit juice or other jam, as desired
- organic apple juice
- Preheat oven to 200°F Place a large dinner plate in the warmed oven.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg in a wide shallow dish and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or a cast iron skillet that has been lightly buttered over medium high heat.
- Dip each piece of bread, one by one, into the egg and milk mixture. Drain excess mixture and place in the hot skillet.
- Cook until just browned on the bottom, watching the toast carefully (just a couple of minutes). Turn, and brown the other side.
- Adjust heat to medium, if necessary, to prevent burning. Place in the oven on warmed plate while preparing the remaining pieces.
- Just before serving, heat the jam in a small saucepan with a small amount of apple juice to desired consistency.
- Drizzle over the top of the French toast and serve immediately.