Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sweet, flavourful and - most important - tender and moist: in my humble opinion the best gluten free muffins out there! The streusel topping is great but not necessary. Yield: 2.5 - 3 dozen muffins
- 4 cups gluten-free rice flour mix
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 6 cups blueberries
- 1 cup soymilk (or vanilla almond milk)
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Formula for Brown Rice Flour Mix: 2 cups brown rice flour, 2/3 cup potato starch (NOT flour), 1/3 cup tapioca starch/flour, Yield: 3 cups.
- 1.) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2.) Spray muffin pan (or muffin liners) with cooking spray.
- 3.) Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl. Add blueberries; stir to coat evenly.
- 4.) In another bowl, combine milk and oil; remove 1 Tb. of combined liquid and discard it. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- 5.) Add liquids to blueberry mixture and stir until just blended.
- 6.) Fill muffin pans 2/3 full. (Optional: Sprinkle top with cinnamon sugar or streusel topping.)
- 7.) Bake 18-20 minutes until lightly golden.
- Streusel Topping (Note: these muffins have great flavour and don’t need the fancy toppings). ½ cup brown rice flour mix,1/3 cup brown sugar, ½ teaspoons cinnamon, ¼ teaspoons xanthan gum, 3 Tb. butter or margarine melted.
- Combine dry ingredients; stir to blend. Pour in butter and stir until all dry ingredients are moistened.