Recipe by newbie04
I love this recipe because you can make it in advance in 2 person-size portions. I typically double the marinade & make 4 (2-person) dinners at once. Just take a bag or 2 out of the freezer the night or morning before you want to eat it and let it defrost in the fridge. It marinates while it defrosts. When you get home, you'll have diner ready in 15 minutes!
Top Review by IngridH
We did not care for this at all. I was very dissapointed, because I like everything that is in this marinade, yet the combination of flavors made the meat taste like it had gone bad. I'm sorry, but I will not be making this again.
- cooking spray
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced (or ground)
- 1 lb lean flank steak
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat small nonstick skillet with cooking spray& place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion& garlic and sauté until tender.
- Add broth& next 5 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil& cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat& allow to cool completely.
- Trim fat from steak and cut steak in half.
- Place each half in a separate ziplock freezer bag with 1/2 of cooled marinade.
- Freeze or marinate in refrigerator (at least 8 hours).
- Remove steak from bag (each bag serves 2)& discard marinade.
- Place steak on broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Broil 6 minutes on each side.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes, then cut steak diagonally across grain into 1/4 inch thick slices.