Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found a recipe and ended up changing it quite a bit! I hope you like it! Of course, add as little or as much spice as you like. :D
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1⁄2 cup frozen banana, sliced
- 4 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 pinch ground cloves (optional)
- 1⁄16-1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in the blender and puree until smooth.
- If you don't use frozen banana, you may add a couple ice cubes to the blender.
- Pour into a cup and serve!
This is good but mine was too sweet. I made my own almond milk with no sweetener. I used just two medjool dates as they were quite soft and large so I knew they would blend really well to give their full sweetness and flavour. I added a dash date syrup. I think I used too much banana maybe. I used a small whole one but it wasn't killer ripe. I only added cinnamon as I was in a rush. I'm sure for cardamom lovers this would be great with some freshly ground.
I didn't want to have dinner and this was the perfect replacement. Healthy and so tasty. I cannot get almond milk,so I added some essence instead. Four dates in the blender another four in my mouth. I added the cardamon.Never thought of putting in my shake. thanks for sharing another great recipe.
Ooh, this is soo yummy! Used the optional 1/16 tsp g cloves & 1/16 tsp g cardamom. This serves only 1 person in my opinion ;) ! Thanks for all the great beverage recipes Sharon123 - can't wait to try the next one!