Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
From about.com. I'm looking for bread machine recipies to post because I'd like to see more on 'zaar. Because there are no dairy or eggs, this recipe could safely be put on a timer. Cooking/passive time will depend on your machine.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup dates, finely chopped (soaked in hot water then drained)
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed (light or dark)
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add ingredients according to your manufacturers directions.
- Set machine on light crust.