Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Life's Ambrosia.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat sugar and butter until well combined. Add eggs and egg white one at a time. Add vanilla.
- In another bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Add 1/2 of the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Stir in milk. Add remaining flour mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Place cupcake liners in a cupcake pan. Fill each liner 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cupcake comes out with just a few crumbs on it. I find that if it is too clean, my cupcakes come out dry.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While cupcakes are cooling make your frosting by beating together sugar and butter until smooth. Add in vanilla, caramel and 2 tablespoons of milk. Beat until stiff and spreadable. If needed add remaining tablespoon of milk .
- Use a knife or a piping bag to frost cooled cupcakes. Serve.