Spiced Cupcakes With Caramel Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat sugar and butter until well combined. Add eggs and egg white one at a time. Add vanilla.
- In another bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Add 1/2 of the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Stir in milk. Add remaining flour mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Place cupcake liners in a cupcake pan. Fill each liner 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cupcake comes out with just a few crumbs on it. I find that if it is too clean, my cupcakes come out dry.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- While cupcakes are cooling make your frosting by beating together sugar and butter until smooth. Add in vanilla, caramel and 2 tablespoons of milk. Beat until stiff and spreadable. If needed add remaining tablespoon of milk .
- Use a knife or a piping bag to frost cooled cupcakes. Serve.