Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A little different than the usual pot roast, and the crock pot does all the work. The spices add an excellent flavor. I like to serve this over noodles.
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) boneless chuck roast
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- Place roast in the slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and pour over the roast. Cover and cook on low till meat is tender. Discard bay leaf. Thicken cooking juices if desired. Serve over noodles.
This was excellent. Easy to make Flavor was great. Thanks
AWESOME! It's not too spicy; just perfectly spiced. I doubled the recipe because I had a 5-lb chuck roast. It was sooooo moist, tender and tasty. I put 1 lb of baby carrots on the bottom of the crockpot first, then followed the recipe. I served the meat and sauce over noodles as you suggest. For the last step, I removed the meat, some sauce, and most of the carrots to serving plates....then, to thicken the remaining juices, I removed the bay leaves and used a stick blender to puree the remainiong juice and a little carrots. FABULOUS!!!!!!! I will make this again for sure. I'd love to try this for shredded beef sandwiches (pureeing the sauce after cooking). Thanx for sharing this!!!