Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Chocolate-cinnamon coffee with spiced whipped cream.
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark roast coffee (hot)
- 1 ounce Irish whiskey (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- Whip the cream with the nutmeg, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Divide the coffee and whiskey (if desired) into 2 cups.
- Stir 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon into each cup; top with spiced cream.
What a delicious coffee. I usually do not add sugar or whipped cream to my coffee unless it is a blended ice coffee. However, the addition of the spiced cream really takes this over the top! I had cut the recipe in half as I was the only one drinking it. After tasting the whipped cream, I decided to whip up the full pint of cream though so that I have additional spiced cream to top a dessert for tonight. Made and reviewed this recipe for the Best of 2010 Recipe Tag game.
This is really good coffee. The flavors all work really well together and it just looks and tastes decadent. Thanks for sharing.
I really enjoyed this tasty coffee littleturtle. The spicing was perfect and as always I loved the whipped cream. The whisky blended beautifully with the chocolate and coffee. Thanks for sharing. Made for Comfort Cafe Chalet-2010.