Recipe by **Mandy**
I'm not really a big tea drinker but saw this recipe & thought it sounded too good not to try. A lovely punch style drink perfect for a hot day! From Australian Good Taste.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
When making this tea, I did opt out of the vodka & used the additional cider (freshly-made, not store-bought!) &, although I'm sure this would be a great cold beverage during warm weather, it's also wonderful as a hot drink during the colder months, & that's how I served it ~ HOT! I know I'll be making this often during the coming months, but I also look forward to having it year 'round! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my swapmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #34]
- 2 chai tea teabags
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 orange, sliced, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup vodka (see note)
- 2 cups crushed ice, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tea bags in a large heatproof jug. Pour over boiling water. Stir in sugar. Allow to brew for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags.
- Add cranberry juice, cider and orange pieces to tea. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until cold.
- Add vodka to tea. Stir to combine. Pour over ice. Serve.
- Notes & tips.
- For an alcohol-free version, replace vodka with 1/2 cup chilled apple cider.