Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Keeps well in the refrigerator. From Low Fat Lifestyle
- 1 lb fresh cranberries or 1 lb frozen cranberries
- 3 quarts cold water
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 1⁄8 cups pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups granulated sugar (more or less to individual taste)
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inch piece)
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice berry
- Place the cranberries and water into a large pot.
- Bring to a boil and cook just until the berries pop, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let stand at room temperature until cold, several hours.
- Strain out the cranberries and stir the orange juice, pineapple juice, lemon juice and sugar into the liquid.
- Add the cinnamon stick, whole cloves and allspice berries.
- Bring to a low boil.
- It is ready to serve at this point, but it is even better if you allow it to sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Serve hot.
this is soooo good im going to make this at thanksgiving also it t didnt need as much sugar for me but the flavor is kick butt