Recipe by Robert Francois
This is a familly recipe that has been handed down for generations
Top Review by jonesies
Oh my goodness! I bought post-season cranberries for $1.00 per pound with the intention of making this jam. I was NOT disappointed! It is very good. I only licked the spoon, but can't wait to spread this ruby red jam onto a golden biscuit. Thanks so much for posting! PS I also used my hand blender instead of a strainer or food mill. Worked perfectly.
- 8 cups cranberries
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 0.5 (6 ounce) bottle Certo (can be purchased at netgrocer.com)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add vinegar and water to cranberries and cook until soft.
- Put cooked cranberries through a course strainer or Food Mill.
- Add all the spices and the sugar into the cooked cranberries.
- Follow cooking directions on the certo for jellies Put into sterilized small jars and cover with wax or seal with vacumn lids.