Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
So good, its tart and tangy, sweet and very refreshing. Well worth the extra effort. Make sure to serve well chilled.
- 2838.0 ml water
- 340.19 g package cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 473.18 ml white sugar
- 2 oranges, juice of, freshly squeezed
- 2 lemons, juice of, freshly squeezed
- 10 whole cloves
- 1.23 ml allspice berry
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- 118.29 ml pineapple juice, chilled
- 118.29 ml ginger ale, chilled
- ice cube (2 trays, as many as needed)
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 2 lemons, sliced
- In a large pot, combine water and cranberries.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Next add the sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, cloves, allspice berries and cinnamon sticks.
- Cover and steep for 1 hour.
- Strain the mixture, pour into a large pitcher and allow to cool to room temperature on counter.
- Once cooled place in refrigerator, until chilled.
- When ready, add the pineapple juice, ginger ale, lemon and orange slices to the cranberry mixture in the pitcher and serve in tall glasses with lots of ice.
Another of those recipes I am testing out for possible making again the end of this year, so I cut it in half this time around & there'll definitely be another "time around" 'cause this is A GREAT TASTING BEVERAGE! I did take a few liberties with the recipe, though, in that I used cheesecloth to contain the cloves, allspice & cinnamon & then DIDN'T strain out the cranberries but left them in along with the lemon & orange slices! More than just for decoration, I served this beverage with a small spoon so that anyone who wanted to could either scoop out & discard the fruit pieces OR eat them (as I did, with pleasure)! ABSOLUTELY GREAT [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders tag]
This is delicious! I served it at our Christmas dinner and everyone loved it. I did not use the ginger ale, but added fresca instead. Most of the adults added some Captain Morgan spiced rum to theirs. It was a great change of pace to the regular mulled ciders. made and Reviewed for Photo Tag - Thanks! :)