Prep1 hr 30 mins
Cook1 hr 30 mins
So good, its tart and tangy, sweet and very refreshing. Well worth the extra effort. Make sure to serve well chilled.
- 3 quarts water
- 1 (12 ounce) package cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 oranges, juice of, freshly squeezed
- 2 lemons, juice of, freshly squeezed
- 10 whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice berry
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup ginger ale, chilled
- ice cube (2 trays, as many as needed)
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 2 lemons, sliced
- In a large pot, combine water and cranberries.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Next add the sugar, orange juice, lemon juice, cloves, allspice berries and cinnamon sticks.
- Cover and steep for 1 hour.
- Strain the mixture, pour into a large pitcher and allow to cool to room temperature on counter.
- Once cooled place in refrigerator, until chilled.
- When ready, add the pineapple juice, ginger ale, lemon and orange slices to the cranberry mixture in the pitcher and serve in tall glasses with lots of ice.