Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
From my Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook by Phyllis Pellman Good. Accredited to Esther Burkholder from Millerstown, PA.
- 1 quart apple cider
- 3 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks, each 3 inches long
- 3⁄4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1⁄2 lemon, thinly sliced (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour apple cider and cranberry juice cocktail into slow cooker.
- Stir in brown sugar.
- Put spices on a piece of cheesecloth. Tie with a string to create a bag. Place in slow cooker.
- Stir in lemon slices if you wish.
- Cover and cook on LOW 3-5 hours, or until cider is very hot. If you're able, stir occasionally to be sure the brown sugar is dissolving.
- Remove spice bag, and lemon slices if you've included them, before serving warm from the cooker.
- VARIATION: Instead of whole cloves, substitute 1 teaspoon whole allspice. ~Jean Butzer, Batavia, NY.