Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A must-have for the holidays! Makes lots, so share with a friend. Ways we enjoy it - along side your turkey, over baked brie, or cream cheese with crackers, on mini pizzas (with grilled chicken, caramelized onions, brie mozzarella & mint). I like to add Granny Smith apples to it. Bet it would be good with some cilantro, mint, lime or chili peppers added too. Garnish with roasted walnuts or orange zest. Thanks to my dear friend Sherrine for sharing this.
- 8 cups whole fresh cranberries
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2⁄3 tablespoon ground cloves
- 2⁄3 tablespoon ground allspice
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- Wash and pick over the cranberries.
- Place the cranberries in a large stock-pot. Add vinegar, water, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and sugar.
- Cook slowly over medium-low heat for 45 minutes. It will foam up. Stir often, smashing the cranberries with the back of your spoon.
- Cool and refrigerate 'til ready to serve.
These are amazing! I have made these three times just like the recipe and have gotten rave reviews. Thank you!
* * * MADE FOR FALL 2008 PAC * * * Love, love, love these!!!! I enjoy cranberries any which way I can, so these, to me were great. Except I goofed. And my goof was pretty good though. I used only 3 Cups of cranberries. I adjusted the recipe accordingly, except, DH was bugging me and I put in too much allspice. But, it was still good. The next time I do these will be for Thanksgiving, and I will do it correctly, and I'm going to add some orange zest, and replace some of the water with orange juice. I love cranberry and orange together. Thanks for posting a great recipe.