Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Although most popular in the autumn of the year, I am blessed to live near orchards who offer frozen cider for sale year-long, so this can be a year round treat. If you can't find cider during the off-season, substitute apple juice instead! :)
- 1 quart apple cider
- 1 quart cranberry juice cocktail
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Mix all ingredients together in a large pan.
- Heat over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve warm.
I made this for my Bunco group. Perfect blend of spices. Just a little tart which is what I like. I let this simmer on low in my crock-pot. Stayed nice and warm and we could serve ourselves. Thanks Sue L.
I grew up on this stuff - it smells SO good while it's simmering. We made it in a coffee pot too and we called it Lava because of how hot it was after we'd been in the snow all day. I made this the other day but I add a little brown sugar to it.
This is a recipe that I have been making for over 20 years. I love this stuff. The cranapple juice gives it just a touch of tartness so that it isn't too sweet. I always made it in a percolator coffee pot.