Recipe by Jacquie*
I got this from a friend of my daughter. They were the best cookies we received at Christmas.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and molasses on medium speed, until blended. Beat in egg until blended, scraping down side of bowl.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, cinnamon and white pepper in clean bowl. Add butter mixture; beat on low speed until blended. Stir in crystallized ginger. Cover, refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350. Lightly coat 2 large baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place confectioners' sugar in bowl. Dust hands lightly with flour. Roll pieces of dough into 1-inch balls, using about 2 teaspoons per ball. Immediately roll ball into confectioners' sugar to completely coat. Place on prepared baking sheets at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes or until cookies have expanded and flattened; the tops will be covered with cracks. Let cookies cool on baking sheets, on wire rack 2 minutes. Transfer cookies directly to racks; let cool completely. Store in airtight container.