Recipe by Grace Lynn
This is my all time favorite crab salad! I think using quality crab meat (Phillips) is the key. This is so addictive, I always double the recipe!
Top Review by martinb
I made this last night, adding a bit more spice and an extra clove of Garlic, and i must say this is probably the best seafood salad I have ever served. I made the whole recipe and my wife and I nearly finished it. I uesd the Chicken of the Sea "premium swimming blue crab meat" from costco, and used cooked salad shrimp instead of boiling the shrimp in Clam juice, and the result was still fantastic. I just used the cooked shrimp because the temperature here was over 100 degrees F and I did not want to boil ANYTHING. For the record, the Sostco cooked Salad shrimp worked just fine. You have to try this at least once.
- 1⁄2 cup bottled clam juice
- 10 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled,deveined
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces crabmeat (I use Phillips brand from Costco)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring clam juice to simmer in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add shrimp; cover and simmer until opaque, turning once, about 2 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to cutting board; coarsely chop shrimp.
- Place shrimp in small bowl.
- Boil cooking liquid until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 2 minutes.
- Mix onions and next 5 ingredients in large bowl to blend.
- Stir in shrimp, cooking liquid and crabmeat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill.
- Salad can be made 1 day ahead.
- I like to serve mine with pita chips, but you can use any kind of crakers or crostinis.