Top Review by FruitLoop
WOW!! Dancer^ we really did enjoy this. I love couscous and an making believers out of my husband and family. I used cashews and toasted them as you suggested. The spices and currants really make this so yummy. I served this with pork roast and it made a great side dish. I could eat this as my main course I liked it so much. Thanks.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove, ground
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup currants
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cashews or 1⁄4 cup pistachios
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast and chop cashews or pistachios.
- Melt 1/4 c butter in medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add spices and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add stock and currants.
- Can be prepared 4 hours ahead, bring to boil.
- Mix in couscous and 2 tbsps.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork; season with salt.
- Transfer couscous to bowl, add nuts and toss well.