Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick, easy, and not the norm, this is a delicious recipe from Healthy Homestyle Cooking cookbook. This recipe cuts out the butter and uses olive oil non-stick spray to reduce the fat from 14 grams to 1 gram and cuts the calories almost in half. Zero cholesterol recipe! I think it tastes better that the original recipe!!! Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 2 cups de-fatted chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Lightly spray large unheated skillet with olive oil non-stick cooking spray, heat skillet over medium heat.
- Add couscous, cook at stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, pepper, and allspice, cook and gently stir until liquid is absorbed.
This was quick and easy to make but not much flavor, actually quite bland. Definately needs salt to perk it up.