Kelly M.'s Note:
Delicious, quick and easy. If you like it spicier, add more cayenne or use a hot curry powder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, heat butter and oil over medium heat.
- 2Saute onion until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add curry, cumin and cayenne, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- 4Adjust heat to medium-high, add couscous, blend well and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 5Add chicken broth, stir to incorporate, and bring to boiling point.
- 6Cover pan, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- 7Fluff with fork, season with salt if needed, and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.0
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 305.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 7.6 g