Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious, quick and easy. If you like it spicier, add more cayenne or use a hot curry powder.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup couscous
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- In a small saucepan, heat butter and oil over medium heat.
- Saute onion until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add curry, cumin and cayenne, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Adjust heat to medium-high, add couscous, blend well and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken broth, stir to incorporate, and bring to boiling point.
- Cover pan, remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork, season with salt if needed, and serve hot.
fantastic couscous -- sure beats the bland recipe suggested on the container. i added another dash of cayenne since i like my food spicy, and it was the perfect temperature. what an explosion of flavours in my mouth! inspiration: i went searching supercook.com for a spiced couscous recipe using the ingredients i had on hand, after rachel ray getting me in the mood for a similar dish she cooked on her show this morning. kelly, you saved the day! thank you!