Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
really good..makes a nice gift
Make and share this Spiced Cookie Mix in a Jar recipe from Food.com.
- combine ingredients in large mixing bowl.mix well.
- spoon mix into a large plastic zipping bag.decorated if you wish.please attach the following instructions.
- Place one cup of sugar in small bowl.set aside.
- cream 3/4 cup softened butter, one large egg and 1/4 cup molasses, add cookie mix, blending until smooth.
- shape dough into 1" balls.
- roll each in sugar.
- Arrange 2" apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375* for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
Oh yum! Instead of making a dry mix in a jar, I prepared the cookies and froze them prior to baking. That way, I can have fresh-baked cookies whenever I want, just need to remove from the freezer the amount I want, thaw 10 seconds in the microwave, and bake! The texture is just perfect and I love that the only added sugar (other than the molasses) is the one the cookies are rolled in. Modifications: 1 cup whole-wheat flour/1 cup all purpose; subbed all the spices for 2 tsp 5-spice; used margarine and Blackstrap molasses. Yield: 30 cookies
I received this from chef #946146, my partner in the 2008 Holiday Cookie Swap. I haven't made them yet, but the packaging is soooo cute! What a wonderful gift to receive!