Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Gooseberry Patch More Gifts for Giving.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- To make the mix: In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients; stir to mix well.
- Spoon mixture into a large heavy-duty plastic zip-top bag or glass jar; seal and attach instructions.
- Instructions for making cookies: Add 1 cup sugar to a small bowl; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream 3/4 cup softened butter, 1 egg, and 1/4 cup molasses.
- Add in cookie mix; blend until smooth.
- May need to chill dough for easier handling.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll each ball in sugar.
- Place cookies 2-inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.