Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Wonderful coffee for starting or ending a special day. To simplify things, you can skip the whipped cream and just add the brandy in the spiced coffee. A well-deserved treat either way! From the December 2001 issue of Bon Appetit.
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 8 ounces ground coffee
- 3 -4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 7 cups water
- Beat whipping cream in large bowl to soft peaks; add powdered sugar and brandy and beat to form peaks.
- Place ground coffee, cardamom, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in coffee filter.
- Using spoon, mix gently.
- Add water to coffee maker and brew according to manufacturer's instructions.
- After pouring coffee, garnish each mug with a dollop of whipped cream, and serve immediately.