Recipe by Annacia
Coffee cake that really is! I've added the lightened ingredients to make it diabetic friendly. This is a delicious, moist and light textured loaf.
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
Wow, I have never baked the coffee into the cake, this is wonderful. A subtle coffee flavor and crunchy nuts. I topped mine with glazed pecans and next time I'd sprinkle a little sugar on top as well, before baking. It took quite a while to cook...about 75 minutes. It makes a huge, beautiful loaf. Thanks for sharing Annacia.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee (good quality)
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar (Splenda)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened (non hydrogenized margarine)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream (fat free sour cream)
- 2 large eggs (1/2 cup egg whites)
- 1 cup chopped nuts, divided (2/3 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Combine coffee and water in small bowl; stir until dissolved.
- Combine sugar and butter in large mixer bowl.
- Add sour cream and eggs; beat until creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with coffee mixture.
- Stir in 3/4 cup nuts.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.