Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a lighter version of a coffee cake that I had eaten. I think I did a pretty good job of lightening it up.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup chopped raisins
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter and flour one 8 inch round cake pan.
- Sift together flour, Splenda, sugar, spices, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Beat the eggs with the milk.
- Put the honey and butter into the microwave for about 30 seconds. Let it cool for a few seconds and then add it to the egg mixture along with the almond and vanilla extracts.
- Pour in half of the wet ingredients into the dry. Beat with an electric hand mixture until the batter starts to look dry. Add the rest of the wet mixture. Beat until everything is well mixed.
- Fold in the almonds and raisins. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While cake is cooling, mix together the confectioners sugar, milk and cinnamon. Pour over the cooled cake.
The cake was very dense. I added a little bit of ground coffee beans to the mix. It was great. It could also use a little less flour.