Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great after dinner coffee.
- 1⁄2 cup whole columbian coffee beans or 1⁄2 cup plus 3 tablespoons ground coffee
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- Place whole coffee beans in grinder; process to a medium grind.
- Place coffee beans in coffee filter in coffee maker, sprinkle with nutmeg and flavorings.
- Add water to coffee maker and brew. Serve immediately with cream and sugar to taste.
This is a great winter perk-me-up cup! Reminded me of an eggnog latte. I added a little Splenda and some fat-free Cool Whip.
I really liked this recipe. I used pumpkin pie spice, because I didn't have any nutmeg on hand. Also, I like my coffee pretty strong, so I used more coffee than the recipe called for. Next time I'll use more of the other ingredients as well, as the spiced flavor kind of got lost in the strength of the coffee. Add a touch of cream and maybe some sugar (for those who like their coffee sweet) and it's perfect! I'll be making this for Chrismas morning. Thank you!
I loved this recipe. So easy and you have all the ingedients in the cupboard! At Christmas I am going to try this with a little egg nog in it!! Thanks for th recipe!!!