Cod is a delicious fish, with a mild flavour and white firm flesh. After buying cod, (and most fish in general), always rinse off the fish with cool water when you get home and pat dry and then rewrap. Store it in the coldest part of the fridge and for no more then 2 days.
- Dust cod with cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Spread mustard over fish.
- If grilling use the butter to baste, this of course means you'll need to melt the butter.
- Grill for about 3 minutes per side.
- You could alternatively broil for 3-4 minutes per side in the oven.
- In this case, place the fish on a broiling pan and dot each fillet with butter before putting it in the oven (on broil).
- Either way the fish flesh will be white, firm and flake easily with a fork when done.
- Serve with lemon wedges.