Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's an alternate vegan recipe for coconut ice cream
Make and share this Spiced Coconut Ice recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups soymilk or 3 cups rice milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (regular or lite)
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients.
- Transfer the mixture to the ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- (Or, if you don't have an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a large shallow pan, and place it in the freezer. Stir the mixture every hour or so to give it a smooth texture. When completely frozen, remove it from the freezer, and allow it to sit at roo).