Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
Imagine this on a veranda overlooking the Caribbean
Make and share this Spiced Coconut Coffee recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons ground guatemalan coffee beans (shade grown prefered)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 whole cloves
- 0.5 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Combine the ground coffee, red pepper, cloves, and cinnamon stick in a coffee filter set into a drip coffee brewer.
- Pour the water into the brewer’s water reservoir.
- Set the coffee brewer on to brew.
- While the coffee brews, gently warm the coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Stir in the honey until the honey is dissolved.
- Pour the brewed coffee into the mixture; stir. Divide the liquid into two mugs to serve.
I made this as written and mixed it all together and then refrigerated it overnight. The next day I poured it over ice for a very refreshing drink. The spices are perfect and I like the little bit of bite from the red pepper. Made for ZWT 7.
What a treat Anna, this was one lovely coffee. It was dark and had such depth. Loved the spice combination, it worked perfectly and complimented the coconut milk perfectly. The honey brought out all the flavors treating us to something special. Thanks for sharing, made for ZWT7
Excellent spiced coffee! The flavour of the cloves was not as strong as I feared - usually I hate cloves but in this coffee it added just a perfect hint of flavour. I reduced the honey to one teaspoon which was absolutely enough for me. Thanks for another wondrful coffee joy Annacia!
Made for ZWT 7 South Central America for Count Dracula and His Hot Bites.