Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Slightly different take on the traditional spiced cider...
- 5 cups water
- 4 medium lemons, sliced
- 5 medium oranges, sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inch)
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 3 1⁄2 quarts apple cider
- 1 cup sugar
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, lemons, oranges and spices to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer this mixture for about an hour.
- Strain and discard the fruit and spices.
- Transfer the liquid to a large container with a warmer (such as a crockpot).
- Stir in the cider and sugar and heat thoroughly.
- Reduce the heat in your crockpot to low to keep the cider warm while serving.
This is DELICIOUS! I loved it. All the citrus gave this a wonderful tang, and the cider made it just sweet enough. I did add a few more cinnamon sticks, but we love cinnamon. I think a great addition would be some black tea for a nice spiced morning tea. Made and Reviewed for Football Pool. Thanks! :)