Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Warming and sensual this coffee is something special.
Make and share this Spiced Christmas Coffee recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 cup freshly ground coffee (preferrable a mild roast)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 7 cups water
- Using electric mixer, beat whipping cream in a large bowl to soft peaks.
- Add powdered sugar and brandy; beat to peaks.
- Place ground coffee, cardamom, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in coffee filter.
- Using spoon, mix gently.
- Add water to the coffee maker and brew according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Divide coffee among 8 cups.
- Garnish each with a dollop of whipped cream and serve immediately.
It's very good, but there is a problem I found that no one has mentioned. Putting that much ground spices in with the coffee, in a standard 12-cup filter, will cause overflow in standard coffee machines. I've made this twice now with two different machines with the same result (overflow). Coffee filters are not made for ground spices and do not drain well in that respect. In any case, I found it best to halve the recipe and make it twice (using the same pot). It works much MUCH better. As for the recipe itself, I don't have cardamom and probably won't buy it if I will only need it for this drink, so I substituted allspice, ginger, extra cinnamon and extra nutmeg. I also don't keep brandy, but I keep sherry which worked beautifully in its place for this drink! This is going to be a keeper. Thanks for sharing.
I love spices%u2026 I had to try this recipe!
I%u2019ve reduced the coffee recipe as described for 2 peoples and for my 2 children I%u2019ve used the same ingredients, but instead of coffee I%u2019ve used chocolate!
Chocolate version: Boil 2 cups of milk with the spices. After 5 minutes and passing through a colander add 25 g (1 ounce) dark chocolate. Heat again, stir until melted and top with the cream (for children with little vanilla instead of brandy!)
%u201CMmhh %u2026 not bad!%u201D Said my daughter! Everybody was happy.
Thanks for the recipe. Done for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
This was really good. The cardamom gave the coffee a nice spice without overpowering the coffee and I loved the brandy whipped cream.