Recipe by I'mPat
From the Thursday Fresh Edition of our local state paper The West Australian - on chocolate. Times are estimated. This is a steamed pudding using the microwave. Unfortunately they don't give the wattage of the microwave they used.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Such a fast and simple recipe that we enjoyed with dinner. I was so pleased that this is one recipe that did NOT come out of the microwave and turn hard as a rock if you didn't eat it right away, it kept it's soft, chocolaty texture. The only problem I had is didn't know what it meant by "mixed spice" so I just added some cinnamon and 1 tsp of espresso powder to compliment the chocolate flavor. Then topped with whip cream and drizzled chocolate sauce over it. A splurge - but very nice when you need something fast for desert
- 125 g butter
- 225 g chocolate (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1⁄2 cup thickened cream (double cream)
- 1⁄3 cup self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Generously grease 8 half-cup ramekins liverally with butter.
- Pour the chocolate into a food processor and then add the butter and sugar and pulse until the ingredients are combines and then add the remaining ingredients and plus until they form a mass.
- Fill the ramekins to 3/4 full and cover with plastic wrap or tie baking paper on with cooking string.
- Cook the puddings 4 at a time at 100 per cent for 90 seconds.
- Pierce the plastic or paper and stand for a minute before serving with cream and chocolate sauce.