Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
The allspice in these gives them a nice subtle flavor. In the book it came from, it says you can replace the allspice with cinnamon of a mixture of nutmeg and cloves. I used allspice and they turned out great.
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened
- 5⁄8 cup superfine sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners or grease lightly.
- Place butter, superfine sugar, and brown sugar in a bowl and beat well.
- Beat in the eggs, sour cream, and milk until thoroughly mixed (will look liquidy and lumpy).
- Sift the flour, baking soda, cocoa, and allspice into a separate bowl and stir into the mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Divide batter evenly among the paper liners.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes, then move to wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.