Recipe by littleturtle
A double espresso steamed with cream, sugar, and spices, then mixed with chocolate and topped with whipped cream.
Top Review by katie in the UP
This is a perfect dessert! I changed the technique just a bit. I made the espresso, added the sugar and syrup....after adding the steamed cream (lots of foam) I sprinkled the cinnamon and nutmeg on top! LOVED it!! We actually forgot the whipped cream :( but will include it next time! Thank you littleturtle!
- 113.39-170.09 g espresso, prepared (2 double espressos)
- 56.69 g heavy cream or 56.69 g half-and-half
- 1.23 ml cinnamon (ground)
- 0.59 ml nutmeg (ground)
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml chocolate syrup
- whipped cream, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a steaming pitcher, thoroughly mix all the ingredients except the chocolate syrup and whipped cream, and steam using the steaming wand of your espresso machine until hot and frothy.
- Pour into 2 mugs; add 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup to each and stir.
- Top with whipped cream, to garnish.