Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A double espresso steamed with cream, sugar, and spices, then mixed with chocolate and topped with whipped cream.
- 4 -6 ounces espresso, prepared (2 double espressos)
- 2 ounces heavy cream or 2 ounces half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- whipped cream, to garnish
- In a steaming pitcher, thoroughly mix all the ingredients except the chocolate syrup and whipped cream, and steam using the steaming wand of your espresso machine until hot and frothy.
- Pour into 2 mugs; add 1 teaspoon chocolate syrup to each and stir.
- Top with whipped cream, to garnish.
This is a perfect dessert! I changed the technique just a bit. I made the espresso, added the sugar and syrup....after adding the steamed cream (lots of foam) I sprinkled the cinnamon and nutmeg on top! LOVED it!! We actually forgot the whipped cream :( but will include it next time! Thank you littleturtle!
This is a decadent espresso drink! I could make this for friends and charge over $5 a mug! I absolutely LOVE the taste of the cinnamon and nutmeg with the chocolate and espresso. I only made one minor change in putting this together in that I made my espresso and then steamed the milk and spices together. Then I placed the chocolate syrup & espresso in the mug, mixed those together and topped with the steamed milk and just foamed the milk for the topping instead of using whipped cream for a garnish. Fabulous coffee drink and one I'll be treating myself to quite often! Made for the Comfort Cafe Event Jan 2009.
I'm sipping on the last of my cup as I type. I want to make it last as long as possible. I replaced the cream with non-fat evaporated milk and used Splenda in place of sugar. The cinnamon and nutmeg are lovely and whats not to love about a touch of chocolate? Thank you LT for this marvelous treat.