Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Modified from "Old Faithfuls" that I received in a software package, I played fast and loose with the nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. The amounts listed are estimates.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease baking sheets (or line with foil).
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and clove; set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl at medium speed, beat butter or margarine and sugars until creamy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- At low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in chips.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls about 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Immediately remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container in a cool place.