Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Came from January 2007 issue of All You magazine. This brownie forms its own pudding layer underneath.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa, divided
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped, divided
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- whipped cream (optional) or ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter a 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk in 3 T cocoa and 1/2 c walnuts. Add buttermilk and melted butter, stirring to form a thick batter. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- In small bowl, combine remaining cocoa, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over batter; top with remaining walnuts.
- Pour boiling water in a thin stream over entire surface of brownie; DO NOT STIR. Bake until until top is set and a bit crispy, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.