Came from January 2007 issue of All You magazine. This brownie forms its own pudding layer underneath.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa, divided
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped, divided
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water
- whipped cream (optional) or ice cream (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Butter a 2 quart casserole dish.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk in 3 T cocoa and 1/2 c walnuts. Add buttermilk and melted butter, stirring to form a thick batter. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- 3In small bowl, combine remaining cocoa, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly over batter; top with remaining walnuts.
- 4Pour boiling water in a thin stream over entire surface of brownie; DO NOT STIR. Bake until until top is set and a bit crispy, 40 to 45 minutes.
- 5Serve with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Chocolate Brownie Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.6
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 249.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 59.6 g
- Protein 5.9 g