1/1 Photo of Spiced Chocolate Applesauce Cake
1 hr 10 mins
Jenny Sanders's Note:
This is a lovely cake, not too sweet but moist and chocolatey. The combination of cinnamon and chocolate is particularly popular in Mexican cooking, but it makes a very interesting cake as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F Line 2 nine-inch round cake pans with parchment paper, and grease the sides of the pans.
- 2Sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- 3Beat together the oil and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- 4Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Blend in the vanilla and the applesauce.
- 6Add the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.
- 7Divide the batter evenly between the two pans.
- 8Bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- 9Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack.
- 10Remove from the pans; cool on rack. Ice with frosting as desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Chocolate Applesauce Cake
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.9
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 36.0 mg
- Sodium 446.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 5.1 g