From EatingWell: September/October 2009 — When roasted in a hot oven, chickpeas become super crunchy. They’re a great low-fat substitute for nuts when salty cravings hit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- 2Blot chickpeas dry and toss in a bowl with oil, cumin, marjoram, allspice and salt.
- 3Spread on a rimmed baking sheet.
- 4Bake, stirring once or twice, until browned and crunchy, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 5Let cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Chickpea “nuts”
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.0
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 465.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 5.4 g