1/3 Photos of Spiced Chicken With Pineapple Salsa
13 hrs 20 mins
The salsa goes really well with the chicken. If you find cutting up the whole chicken is too much work, you can always use chicken quarters or drumsticks, as long as they are with skin. Cooking time includes overnight marinating!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a dry skillet, add the first four ingredients and toast stirring continuously for about 30 seconds.
- 2Take of the heat and set aside to cool, crush using a pestle and mortar.
- 3Add juice of 1 lime and olive oil and mix well.
- 4Place the chicken breast side down onto a chopping board and cut along both sides of the backbone to remove it.
- 5Remove the wishbone.
- 6Turn the chicken over and flatten it out by pressing down the breast bone firmly.
- 7If you don't want to do this you can either ask your butcher to do it for you or use chicken pieces.
- 8Insert a long metal skewer diagonally through the leg and wing on either side to keep the chicken flat.
- 9Slash the thickest part of the chickens thigh with a sharp knife and place it into a roasting tin.
- 10Pour the marinade over the chicken and the turn it over.
- 11Cover the tin with aluminium foil and keep refrigerated overnight.
- 12Grill under a preheated grill for approx 45 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken turns golden brown.
- 14Just before placing the chicken under the grill, mix the juice of the second lime with the pineapple, onion, chilie and cilantro.
- 15Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 16Refrigerate for 30 minutes, and the remove from fridge to allow it to reach room temperature before serving.
- 17Serve with the grilled chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Chicken With Pineapple Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (460 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.9
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 120.7 mg
- Sodium 115.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 30.8 g