Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this from Grilling & Barbecuing by Denis Kelly.
Make and share this Spiced Chicken With Honey-Ginger Glaze recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the ginger, coriander, peppers and salt.
- Add just enough oil to make a paste.
- Rub the spice paste under and over skin of chicken.
- Bake on prepared pan 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the honey, sherry, ginger and lemon juice.
- Spoon some of the glaze over the chicken and continue to bake, spooning on additional glaze every few minutes, until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes longer.
- Makes 4 servings.
I quartered a chicken and allowed 50 minutes in the oven and the result was beautifully moist chicken but when it came to the flavour well the opinions ranged from a reluctant o'kay to lip smacking good. I must admit I wasn't sure about having white pepper and then fresh ground pepper so added a 1/4 teaspoon of hot cayenne and that gave it a spicy taste. I only used about a half of the basting liquid and tried to make a sauce with what was left by heating in the microwave and then thicking with some cornflour (cornstarch) paste the result was a nice looking sauce but tasted way too sweet to use. Thank you Sharon123 made for your Cook-a-thon in memory of Jim.
I made this on the grill. Came out nice sweet and crispy.