Recipe by Kanzeda
Another great pantry dish from cooking light. The only fresh ingredeint called for is cilantro, and luckily I grow that in the windowsill year round. I think it's just fine without too.
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- fresh cilantro stem (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in paprika mixture.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove the chicken from pan. Keep warm.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in couscous and broth; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in corn; cover, and let stand 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in the minced cilantro and lime juice. Serve with the chicken. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and 1 cup couscous mixture).