Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Per serving: 405 calories, 6.5 g fat, 47 g protein, 37.5 g carb, 5 g fiber, 99 mg cholesterol.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or hot sauce of choice)
- 1 (15 7/8 ounce) can black-eyed peas, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a big nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, Old Bay, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; sprinkle mixture over chicken.
- Put chicken in the skillet; cook 2 minutes on each side.
- Wrap handle of pan with foil.
- Place pan in oven; bake in a 350° oven for 6 minutes or until chicken is done; cover and keep warm.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup onion and garlic; stir/saute for 3 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, rice, Tabasco, and black-eyed peas; cook 3 minutes or until well heated, stirring often.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup rice mixture into each of 4 bowls; top each with 1 chicken breast half.
- Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon green onions.