Recipe by NeilsGirl
Spicy but cool with the yogurt. Make more or less spicy with the amount of cayenne used. Serve with brown rice or couscous. 7 weight watcher points per service (2 thighs, 1/4 rice or couscous, 1/4 yogurt sauce).
Top Review by Ang11002
I made this exactly as the recipe called for ingredient wise except I baked my chicken thighs for 30 minutes and used 1/2 the spices on the chicken and the other 1/2 in the yogurt sauce. My only change would be to decrease the basil a bit. Other than that, a tasty and healthy recipe:) Thanks!
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- cooking spray
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (6 ounce) carton plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- Combine cumin and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a bowl; stir in 1/4 tsp salt. Sprinkle 1/3 spice mixture over chicken.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan, spiced side down. Sprinkle other side of chicken with 1/3 spice mixture, keeping last 1/3 of spices in bowl. Cook chicken 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- Combine yogurt, remaining spice mixture, remaining 1/4 tsp salt, basil, and garlic in a bowl, stirring well.
- Serve with chicken and rice.