Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Buy bone-in chicken thighs. If you can get them skinless, fine, because we will be removing the skin before grilling. From "Real Simple" magazine.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf, torn
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar or 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 8 chicken thighs (2 1/2 lbs)
- In a medium bowl, combine all the salad ingredients and toss well; set aside.
- Preheat a grill (or grill pan) to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine sesame seeds, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Remove the skin from the chicken and sprinkle all over with the seasoning mix; gently press seasonings into the chicken to help it adhere.
- Grill chicken, covered, until cooked through, about 9 to 10 minutes per side; serve with chickpea salad.