Buy bone-in chicken thighs. If you can get them skinless, fine, because we will be removing the skin before grilling. From "Real Simple" magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaf, torn
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar or 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1In a medium bowl, combine all the salad ingredients and toss well; set aside.
- 2Preheat a grill (or grill pan) to medium heat.
- 3In a small bowl, combine sesame seeds, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 4Remove the skin from the chicken and sprinkle all over with the seasoning mix; gently press seasonings into the chicken to help it adhere.
- 5Grill chicken, covered, until cooked through, about 9 to 10 minutes per side; serve with chickpea salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spiced Chicken Thighs With Chickpea and Cucumber Salad
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.3
- Calories from Fat 351
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 463.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 39.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar