Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Cooking Light. When I make them I use chicken breasts, and skewer chicken seperately from veggies. Also I use all Greek yogurt in place of the yogurt/sour cream mixture in the raita.
- 177.44 ml plain yogurt
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 9.85 ml ground coriander
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml ground cardamom
- 1.23 ml ground turmeric
- 1.23 ml saffron thread, crushed
- 0.59 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml ground cloves
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 medium red onion, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in 1 inch chunks
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml plain yogurt
- 78.07 ml tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 59.14 ml low-fat sour cream
- 59.14 ml cucumber, peeled and seeded-grated and squeezed dry
- 14.79 ml jalapeno, minced and seeded
- 7.39 ml cilantro, chopped
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml salt
- To prepare kebabs: Combine first 12 ingredients in large ziptop bag; seal and marinate in fridge overnight, turning occasionally.
- Two hours before cooking prepare raita: Combine 1/2 c plain yogurt and remaining ingredients in small bowl. Cover and chill til serving time.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Thread chicken, onion, bell pepper and zucchini in each of 8 skewers, (Soaked if wooden) Coat kebabs with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on grill and cook til chicken is cooked through, turning occasionally. Serve with raita.